An out-of-place design decision like foie gras at a burger drive-thru might leave diners disoriented when it comes to restaurant furniture. The design and appearance are essential to building a brand, and different restaurant themes have different expectations attached.
Fast casual, casual dining, cafeterias, and food courts fall under “casual eating.”
In this article, we have listed some design choices to match these restaurants.
Trends for Fast Casual Dining
During the last decade, health-conscious diners seeking fast food with the transparency of home cooking have discovered fast casual eateries, which have risen to prominence.
It’s common for these restaurants to forgo table service in favor of fast food-like experiences where customers order at a counter and then select a table.
Creating a unified look is essential for quick casual restaurant seats. As with the name, logo, and even the cuisine, a restaurant’s furniture is an integral element of its brand. Therefore it’s essential to coordinate the two.
Fast casual restaurants have a large volume of customers and short service times, which means that staff may not be able to spot spills as soon as they would in a more traditional restaurant. This is where the sleek yet easy to clean designs of fast food restaurant chairs come in handy.
Designs for Casual Dining
In the late 1960s, when many dual-income families struggled to find time to make dinner for themselves, casual dining establishments, such as family restaurants, appeared as a solution.
Because alcoholic beverages and desserts account for most of a casual restaurant’s revenue, patrons must be enticed to stay seated. In addition to providing comfort and aesthetics, upholstered restaurant chairs may also match the colors and patterns used in the restaurant’s logo.
Consider the variety of seating demands a casual dining restaurant should have. Pick furniture and layout the floor plan to allow for convenient wheelchair access. High chairs and booster seats encourage families to come and return.
Variety of Seating for Cafes and Coffee Houses
There is a typical customer experience among cafes and coffeehouses: consumers order at a counter, pick up their (often personalized) drinks or food, and either rush out the door or sit down for a few hours. The people who lounge about may be working or are taking time for leisure.
Customers will feel more at home if you provide them with a selection of sitting alternatives, such as a bar with stools, a few bistro tables, and sofas or lounge chairs.
Tips When Considering Seating for Your Establishment
Here are some tips to consider when choosing your restaurant seating:
- Match Them with Your Concept: The style and comfort of your chairs should complement the rest of your decor.
- Consider Materials That Are Easier to Clean: To preserve the lifespan of your gorgeous furniture, pick seats with basic, linear lines. Skip the intricately carved alternatives, as you may want to go for chairs you can quickly wipe clean.
- Adding Stools to Your Bars or Countertops: Many bargoers can be accommodated comfortably in a small number of tall, slender bar stools.
- Creating an Atmosphere for Your Outdoor Patio: Choosing high-quality all-weather furniture is essential to creating an inviting ambiance. The ultimate objective is to extend your inside service and experience to your outdoor location as much as possible.
- Always Test It Out: Try out your restaurant’s layout when you’ve finished setting it up. To ensure that there isn’t a single terrible seat in the house, start making changes immediately.
There is an art to choosing the proper restaurant seating. The objective is to give your patrons the most comfortable experience possible.
Planning the flow of your restaurant, deciding the theme of your establishment, and considering your target market’s needs are all essential steps in your quest for the ultimate restaurant seating experience.
Are you looking for restaurant furniture in Dallas? FOH Furniture LLC offers a vast collection of restaurant chairs and furniture. Check out our collections today!